Are you a food blogger? Do you want your recipe to be featured on the cover of The Confident Baker magazine?
I love receiving recipes from up-and-coming bloggers. I’m always looking for delicious recipe ideas, seasonal appropriateness, and visually attractive photos… because you eat with your eyes first!
So jaw-dropping, drool-inspiring, make me want to go make it now photos are essential. A complete recipe with detailed instructions are also vital to being considered for inclusion in the magazine. I convert all recipes to both cups and grams so you can use either types of measurements.
I’m always looking for simple dessert recipes to share with my readers that have:
- Amazing photos: This is a magazine, so it’s all about inspiring photos. The more photos, the better. My readers like pictures of the finished dish as well as photos of each step in the recipe. For example, when creaming butter and sugar, what does fluffy look like? When whipping cream, what do soft peaks look like? Joy the Baker does an excellent job with step-by-step photos.
- A gorgeous close-up photo: To promote the recipe on my Facebook page, I need a great close-up shot of the finished dessert. Those close-ups get the most clicks. Chef-in-Training and Sally’s Baking Addition do an excellent job of those macro close-ups of the finished recipe.
- The recipe must be yours. You can adapt from others but change the ingredients and the instructions must be written in your own words. For more information, please read this article on recipe attribution.
- Tell us a story and share a little background about the recipe… why you like it and especially tips for success.
And to be considered for the cover of the magazine, I need the following:
- Original, full size, un-watermarked photo that is portrait (vertical) mode.
- The minimum size for the cover photo is 768×1024.
- The cover should be a macro shot of the finished recipe without a lot of props and staging in the background. Just focus on the food. 😉
I publish on a bi-monthly schedule, so I’m probably working on an issue that will be published at least 2 months from now. Keep that in mind when thinking about seasonality for your submissions.
If this sounds like you, then please email the links to 3-4 of your favorite, seasonal recipes to: info[at]TheConfidentBaker[dot]com for possible inclusion in an upcoming issue. I’d love to hear from you!